Wireless Communications Algorithm Engineer Space
As a member of the system engineering team, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and verifying various algorithmic components of wireless baseband systems, used in satellites and other spacecraft.
- Simulate state-of-the art physical layer wireless baseband systems in a Python/C/C++/Matlab environment
- Assist with higher level system engineering tasks like link budget calculation and RF subsystem specification
- Derive from requirements an overall architecture which satisfies these requirements
- Design algorithms, improve their performance and identify issues
- Provide input to digital designers (hardware, FPGA and software) to realize these algorithms with efficient implementations
- Implement code in Matlab, Python, C and/or C++
- Develop test plans and work with test engineers to implement these, analyze results to identify and debug issues
Job experience and competences
This job is open for newly-graduated candidates as well as experienced professionals.
- PhD or Master Degree in electronics, mathematics, physics or adjacent field
- Effective interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Exposure to digital signal processing
- Exposure to computer based simulation
- Strong analysis and problem solving skills
- Strong programming skills in Python, C, C++ and/or MATLAB
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
Following qualifications would be preferred for experienced candidates:
- Design and Development experience, hands-on debug skills, ability to efficiently use lab equipment (such as spectrum analyzer, signal generator, power meter, etc.).
- Deep understanding of communication theory and signal processing related algorithms (such as timing recovery, signal estimation and detection, automatic gain control, RF impairment estimation and correction, channel estimation, equalization, etc.)