Embedded Software Engineer
The Software Team is responsible for architecting, developing and verifying embedded software for communication products, mainly in space systems. The Software Team works closely with electrical engineers, system engineers, QA and customers across the company to deliver high quality products on a rapid development schedule. As a member of the Software Team, you will contribute to fascinating international satellite projects.
After an extensive period of training-on-the-job your tasks will be:
- Contribute to the software requirements and test strategy definitions
- Deliver highly reliable embedded software for Antwerp Space designed hardware
- Work with engineers across the department to develop new products, from prototype through production and flight
- Take ownership of your mission-critical embedded software products, including verification, testing and writing documentation
- Follow the Antwerp Space flight software development process and write great embedded software for space applications
- BSc or MSc degree Electronics and Computer Engineering or equivalent
- 2y+ experience writing embedded software in C and/or C++ , preferable for the Atmel AVR and ARM Cortex family or a similar microarchitecture
- and/or 2y+ experience writing embedded Linux based software (mainly for ground products)
- Senior: 3y+ experience in firmware development and verification for flight (space) software.
- Principle understanding of electronics (RF, digital, analog)
- Familiar with common electronic building blocks and comfortable reading digital circuit design schematics
- Working knowledge of hardware level software development, including use of timers, interrupts, hardware peripherals such as SPI controllers and ADCs, bootloaders and debug tools
- Experience with defensive programming, continuous testing and similar high-reliability software development strategies, MISRA coding guidelines
- Experience in digital electronic design is an advantage
- Hardware debug experience, including familiarity with tools such as the oscilloscope, logic analyzer, protocol analyzer (SPI, CAN, Ethernet or similar)
- Experience with SpaceWire and MIL-STD-1533 bus is an advantage
- Experience with Linux based embedded system (for non-critical ground products)
- Experience with LabVIEW and/or Python for automated test setups
- Experience programming and testing high reliability, safety critical, and fault tolerant systems, Radiation effects
- Familiar with Functional Safety concepts and FMEDA
- Familiar with ECSS software guidelines, standards and the validation & verification process and documentation for flight (space) software.
- Experience with Independent Software Verification and Validation (ISVV) is an advantage
- Open-minded towards new ideas and willing to learn
- Enthusiastic for the space adventure
- Way of working is characterized by great care and exactitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Occasional business trips mean a welcome change from your daily work
The principle job location for space systems is Antwerp (Hoboken) though short duration missions abroad are part of this challenging job environment.
We offer you an attractive salary, with all fringe benefits in a high-tech environment.