GNSS DSP Software Engineer
The software team is responsible for architecting, developing and verifying embedded software for communication products, mainly in space and navigation systems. Within the software team, you are responsible for the implementation of highly optimized GNSS signal processing algorithms. You work closely with electrical engineers, system engineers, algorithm engineers, QA and customers to deliver high quality products on a rapid development schedule. As a member of the Antwerp Space software team, you will contribute to fascinating international satellite navigation projects.
Your tasks will be:
- Implement, modify, maintain and improve high performance GNSS signal processing algorithms on embedded processors (ARM) in C and C++, related to acquisition, tracking and measurement
- Work together with system, algorithm, hardware and embedded software engineers to design an optimal system architecture and develop new products, from prototype to production
- Contribute to the software requirements and test strategy definitions
- Take ownership of mission-critical embedded DSP software, including verification, testing and writing documentation
- Hands-on debugging in the lab using test equipment such as a spectrum analyzer, signal generator, power meter, etc.
- MSc degree Electronics, Computer Science or Mathematics
- Strong mathematical background
- Good understanding of digital communications theory and signal processing
- Knowledge of C/C++, preferably also Matlab and Python
- Knowledge of Embedded Linux based software
- Ideally some background knowledge of electronics (RF, digital, analog)
Job experience and competences
- This job is open for newly-graduated candidates as well as experienced professionals
- Knowledge of GNSS signal acquisition, tracking, or measurements is an asset
- Experience with requirements management and engineering (e.g. DOORS) is an asset
- Open-minded towards new ideas and willing to learn
- Effective interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Strong analysis and problem solving skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Occasional business trips mean a welcome change from your daily work
What we can offer you
The principle job location for navigation systems is Leuven though short duration missions abroad are part of this challenging job environment.
We offer you an attractive salary, with all fringe benefits in a high-tech environment
Candidates should be eligible to obtain an EU security clearance.